You have to be mindful of the materials when you are deciding on setting up indoor sports flooring. The flooring material needs to provide you complete functionality and value for money performance.
In order to get value for money flooring, you have to calculate and consider installation price, overall maintenance cost, and durability of the product. Also, you need to consider the safety and performance offered by the sports flooring.
It is vital to select a flooring that fits your sports activities and overall requirements. Below we have enumerated all the important things that you’ll need to know when choosing an indoor sports flooring option.
Keep reading till the end to find all about it.
4 Important Things to Consider for Indoor Sports Flooring
Sports flooring should ideally be robust and durable since it has to endure intense foot traffic and be compatible with heavy objects and equipment. But the different kinds of sports flooring materials come along with varied characteristics that fit distinct requirements.
Nevertheless, here’s a few things that must be significantly considered when picking indoor sports flooring options. They are –
- Key Performance Features – As mentioned earlier, each type of sports flooring comes with particular performance features such as better friction, shock absorption, vertical deformation, etc. It depends on the sports that you’ll be practicing on the space and accordingly the sports flooring should be chosen.
- Elasticity Properties – Elasticity is one of the key characteristics that you need to consider when it comes to sports flooring. There are varied kinds of floors offering different levels of elasticity. The floor’s elastic property greatly influences the sports person’s performance and comfort.
- Subfloor – Almost every kind of flooring needs subfloor installation as well. Since installing the flooring directly on the concrete is not at all viable. The chances of concrete slab getting damaged increases considerably when subflooring is used. the subfloor makes a great performance characteristics difference and thus it is needed to be considered.
- Pricing – You must have a set budget for the sports flooring. After all, flooring isn’t the only thing that you need to think about when setting up a sports practice area. Therefore, a limited budget is established for sports flooring and you need to think about the pricing of the floor materials to fit your budget. Splurging too much will only cause you hassle as your budget will be shortened for setting up other things for the facility.
Choosing Floor That is Compatible to Your Purpose
When it comes to sports flooring, you need to make sure that the sports that will be practiced and performed in the area are considered. Not all sports flooring is ideal for all sports. Some specific sports floor materials are ideal for certain sports only.
However, there are other sports floor options that are multi-functional and can accommodate more than one sports type. Here are some common sports flooring options available in the market and let’s see which one serves which purpose.
- Polyurethane Floors: Ideal for sports like basketball and hockey, polyurethane flooring offers compatible slippage and at the same time provides cushioning effect. This type of flooring is seamless when it comes to overall performance.
- Hardwood Floors: This one is the go-to option when it comes to sports floors. If you want a classic sports flooring look and feel then hardwood maple floors are a perfect choice. They offer exquisite quality and possess unique properties that suit various sports. This is why most sports flooring makes use of hardwood floors than any other option.
- Rubber Floors: Rubber floors are more fitted for weightlifting and other heavy foot traffic sports activities. These floorings are easy to install, water-resistant, recyclable, and low maintenance. They are becoming an extremely popular choice in modern times.
- Vinyl Floors: They are quite similar to polyurethane floors and are versatile as well. These floors are compatible with a wide range of sports. However, vinyl floors are lower cost than polyurethane floors and that’s why they are preferred more.
These are everything that you need to know about when it comes to choosing the perfect indoor sports flooring for your facility.