For admission to medical and dental colleges in India, there is one common entrance test which is conducted by the National Testing Agency known as The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). There are nearly 500 medical colleges in India that accept the NEET 2022 scores of which 355 are MBBS colleges and 125 dental colleges. Moreover, 15% of the entire medical seats are allotted for qualified candidates under the All India Quota. The remaining 85% of State Quota seats will be allotted through state-level counseling to the NEET aspirants.
Only choosing the right college and the city for your medical studies is not sufficient but qualifying NEET Exam 2022 is equally important for pursuing MBBS or BDS courses. The right selection of colleges will depend on three main things that must be kept in mind while applying for medical colleges in India.
- The NIRF ranking of the institute
- Certification by the Medical Council of India
- Admission suitability
Want to know which are the top medical colleges in India that accept the NEET scores for admission to MBBS courses? Let’s start.
Important Points To Note About Medical Colleges in India accepting NEET 2022 scores
|Number of colleges in India
|1257 medical colleges (approx.)
|Types of colleges
|Government and Private colleges
|Admission based on NEET scores
|Courses Offered by Medical Colleges in India
|MBBS Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)Bachelor of Unani Medicine & Surgery (BUMS)Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery (BHMS)
|INR 7,000 to INR 25 lakh /year (approx.)
How You Should Select Medical Colleges (MBBS) in 2022?
Those who want to be admitted to the best medical colleges must consider some important things ahead of admission. Students must check for the elementary criteria for medical colleges that are given below:-
- The position of the institute or college as declared by NIRF
- If the institute is certified by the NMC (National Medical Commission) or not.
- Admission suitability of the institute (As per the requirements of the institute )
The below-given list of MBBS colleges accepting NEET 2022 will help you with the selection of the best medical college after NEET UG 2022 exam.
Candidates seeking admission to medical colleges in India that accept NEET must fulfill the NEET UG eligibility criteria set down by the authorities of the NEET. Candidates who do not fulfill the eligibility criteria will not be able to secure a seat in the top medical colleges for MBBS. The eligibility criteria is as given below for MBBS colleges:-
- Candidates or applicants should have passed/ appeared in Class 12 or equivalent examination.
Admission Process For MBBS Colleges in India Accepting NEET 2022
Candidates willing to get admission in the top medical colleges in India accepting NEET scores must check their admission process in advance to be on the safer side. The basic admission criteria and the admission process of the medical colleges in India accepting NEET 2022 scores is given below:-
- Candidates must secure the minimum NEET cutoff as described above in the eligibility criteria.
- Candidates or applicants applying for 85% state quota seats will have to apply online by filling the choice and course preferences.
- Shortlisted applicants will then be called for further process.
Have a look at the list of India’s top 10 NEET UG 2022 participating Government medical colleges:
- Armed Forces Medical College, Pune
- Grant Medical College, Mumbai
- Seth GS Medical College, Mumbai
- Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi
- Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu Vidyapeeth, Varanasi
- BJ Government Medical College, Pune
- Madras Medical College, Chennai
- Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad
- Dr Ram Manohar Lohia Institute of Medical Sciences of Lucknow
- BJ Medical College, Ahmedabad
NEET UG 2022 Approved Top 10 Private Medical Colleges in India
Following is the list of India’s top 10 NEET UG 2022 participating private medical colleges:
- Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore
- Dr.D.Y. Patil Medical College, Pimpri, Pune
- Christian Medical College, Vellore
- MS Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore
- St Johns Medical College, Bangalore
- Kasturba Medical College, Manipal
- Hamdard Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
- SRM Medical College Hospital and Research Center, Chennai
- KPC Medical College and Hospital, Kolkata
10. Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangalore
There are many such colleges throughout India that accept NEET scores for admission to their medical courses.
There are many top medical colleges in India that offer high packages to the candidates after their graduation. As most of them prefer to pursue MD or MS after MBBS, placement is not a major part for medical students. But there are some colleges or institutes that offer really good packages to the dedicated students which are listed below.
|Placement Ratings (As per student reviews and ratings)
|Name of the College/ Institute
|Top Recruiters For This College
|Vardhman Mahavir Medical College (Delhi)
|OssurP&OEndoliteSafdarjung HospitalOttobock International
|Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research
|BioconAnthem BioSciencesEpiSourceGE HealthcareAbbotBIOCLINICAAstra Zeneca LtdZifo TechnologiesHimalaya DrugsWockhardt India
|Banaras Hindu University (Varanasi)
|Optum (SDE)RelianceXL DynamicsIndshineHoneywellFlipkartAxtriaNovartisVeritas
|Madras Medical College (Chennai)
|InfotechPfizer and Visionary RCM
|Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences (Coimbatore)
NIRF Ranking For NEET Accepting Medical Colleges in India
Based on NIRF ranking, the Ministry of Education releases the list of top medical colleges in India every year. NIRF is the National Institutional Ranking Framework. Candidates can refer to the table given below for NIRF Ranking wise colleges:
|India’s Top Medical Colleges accepting NEET scores
|All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Delhi
|Christian Medical College, Vellore
|National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences
|Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
|Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences and Research
|Kasturba Medical College, Manipal
|King George’s Medical University, Lucknow
Candidates should know some of the below-mentioned points about the NEET participating colleges of India of NEET 2022.
- You must have detailed information about the college such as eligibility, placement, norms and other relevant details about the college, before selecting NEET participating colleges.
- Marks scored by you in NEET exam are very important as admission to various medical and dental colleges would depend on these.
We hope that, now, you must have received sufficient information about NEET and MBBS colleges in India accepting NEET.