The cost of the e-learning app development depends on many factors including features, tech stack, the team required, and customization levels. Building an entire product from scratch, or deploying some of the valuable solutions inside the existing application, everything decides the overall estimate.
But first, you need to understand what an e-learning app is, its types, and how it reflects greater transformation than traditional teaching methods. Then we will come to know the cost required for the development of the e-learning platform.
So let’s get started.
E-Learning App Development and Its types
E-learning app development is known as a powerful method to learn and gain knowledge in the comfort zone. This reduces the headache of students, and experts visiting a fixed place for learning. Features included in the e-learning platform are video sessions, in-app communication with the expert, search for the tutors, demand for the course, and schedule the class. With this mode of learning millions of people learn at the same time.
The e-learning app solution is divided into two categories: synchronous and asynchronous.
Synchronous: In this type of learning both the tutor and student are available in real-time. Virtual classrooms involve such a way of learning.
Asynchronous: In this type of learning students can attain the lecture at their comfort and the teacher can prepare the course at their suitable time. Coursera, Udemy, are the best examples of that.
Now, next, we will discuss how much it cost to develop an e-learning app.
How Much Does It Cost for E-Learning App Development?
The market of the e-learning industry lies at $243 B by 2022. Due to such high stats, many learning resources and industries want to align them with mobile applications. So, according to various parameters the cost of the development of an e-learning platform mainly depends on:
- Nature of App: Complexity is an essential parameter to consider while developing the app. Suppose your app is targeting a smaller range of people then you would not require to add more features inside it. But if you want to target a larger range of people then you can add complex features to make it more interactive.
- Development Team: Again based on the complexity of the app the development team members are allotted for the project. They charge on an hourly basis or as per their location.
- Tech Stack Required: To get the product market-ready it is essential to make it more relevant and competitive. The use of the latest technologies can lead your brand value in the market.
- The number of Platforms Required: It’s easy to understand that the more platforms you have chosen for the app the more it costs you. Generally, mobile apps are developed for two platforms; Android and iOS.
Technology Stack Required for Online Learning App
Some of the best education learning portals including Coursera, edX, Duolingo acquires different tech stack to make their platform futuristic and matched with the quality standards.
Duolingo, known as the best language learning platform, uses Python for the web application and the front end is developed from jQuery and Backbone.js.
Summary: Top technology you should consider to building bullet-proof applications for your next projects are:
For back-end: PHP, Python, Scala
Languages used for Platforms: For iOS- Swift
For Android- Kotlin
Team Structure Required for the E-Learning App
The team composition is very essential to develop the app. The well-curated team easily caters to all of the specifications inside the app. The standard team should consist of:
- Project Manager: Responsible for flawless management of the entire project and ensures the team would deliver the project on the estimated time.
- Team Leader: He must be a technical person, have years of experience in the same field. He knows where his team will get stuck.
- Business Analyst: The person who prepares all of the documentation required for the application. He gathers all of the information and creates a case study and then delivers it to the team members.
- Developer: He is a technical professional, working for many platforms and technologies, and merges them inside the project as per necessity.
- DevOps: He assures the quality of the application and limits the life cycle.
- Designer: He attracts users with his intuitive and astonishing designs.
- Quality Testing Engineers: They are responsible for quality check and pick-out the bug or errors inside the project.
- Digital Marketers: A digital marketer is a person responsible for the promotion and ranking of the website on search engines and social media platforms.
- Content Strategist: A well-curated content writer creates meaningful content for e-learning development. People get to know more about the product. The more research aligned the content the more people get aware of the product.
- Sales: The sales team sale the product to the market with the best bidding.
- Support Team: After the successful completion of the product the post-launching team helps with any complications coming further in the project.
- System Architects: If you want a more complex project, then the architects help to arrange solutions for you.
The e-learning app development cost of the project varies according to the rate of individual team members.
- Team Leader: $40-$60/hr
- Business Analyst: $22-$42/hr
- Developers: $25-$45/hr
- DevOps: $40-$60/hr
- Designers: $20-$40/hr
- Quality assurance engineers: $22-$42/hr
- System Architects: $40-$60/hr
- Digital Marketer: $15-$40/hr
- Content Strategist: $30-$50/hr
Cost And Time Estimation for different complexities of E-Learning App
Depending upon the complexities of the project the cost of the application are categorized as follows:
- Develop a custom Platform from A to Z
The price of the project begins from scratch depends on the complexity. Adding the advanced features is optional and costs may vary accordingly.
The team required: Project Manager, Business Analyst, Team Leader, Developer, Designer, DevOps, and Tester.
Time and cost required: $70k and 4 months respectively.
- Customized Your existing Platform and add new functionalities to it
If you want to add new features and personalizations to the existing platform then the cost of the project is reduced to the specific parameter.
This requires the team composition as Project Manager, Business Analyst, Developers, DevOps, Designer, Tester.
The cost and time estimation: $40k and 3.5 months respectively.
- E-Learning App with AR/VR
This option welcomes the new users to experience the latest technology-driven AR/VR. Traditionally the methods are not very effective and with the new ones, you can expand the level of the application.
The team required: Manager, System Architect, Mobile Developers, Analyst, DevOps, UI/UX Designers, 3D Designer, Tester.
Time and cost required: 2.5 months, and $45k respectively.
- Mobile App + E-Learning platform with + AR/VR Technology
This is the complete solution of e-learning for students and experts. It consists of an e-learning platform, mobile application, supercharging features like AR/VR to make attention and aligned with the market competition.
The team required: Project Manager, Business Analyst, Mobile Developer, DevOps, System Architect, Designer, 3D Designer, Tester.
Time and cost required: 5 months, and $140k respectively
Educational content is something consumes by every student, so it should be accurate and crisp to provide the best knowledge.